2014 $1 Lucky Loonie
Out of stock
2014 $1 FINE SILVER COIN LUCKY LOONIE
The famous Lucky Loonie belongs to all Canadians, from coast to coast to coast and around the globe. As Canadian athletes begin their journey to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, the Royal Canadian Mint is proud to release this beautiful coin in celebration of Canada’s outstanding athletic talent.
- Cheer on the Canadian Olympic Team as they compete in the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games!
- This reverse proof coin uses a variety of finishes and engraving techniques to highlight the exceptional detail in the iconic Canadian loon.
- Features the Canadian Olympic Team logo in colour.
- Support the athletes of the Olympic Games, or give to the athlete in your family as a thoughtful and original gift.
- Makes a beautiful addition to any collection featuring sport-oriented, Canadian-themed, or artistic coins.
The reverse image designed by Canadian artist Emily S. Damstra. In a unique take on the original loon design of Canada’s 1-dollar circulation coin, here the Common Loon (Gavia immer) is depicted from behind as it spreads its wings in a territorial display, one of the species’ most elegant and recognizable poses. The loon, viewed sitting in the rippling lake waters, faces a lake shore densely wooded with the Canadian boreal forest’s characteristic mix of evergreen and deciduous trees. This reverse proof finish silver Lucky Loonie also features, to the left of the lakeshore in the upper left- hand segment of the reverse side, a coloured Canadian Olympic Team logo, in celebration and support of Canada’s athletes as they prepare for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
TM/MC © COC, 2014.
Restricted for sale in Canada only.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.