2014 $250 – Canadian Contemporary Art
Out of stock
2014 $250 PURE GOLD COIN CANADIAN CONTEMPORARY ART
A Royal Canadian Mint’s exquisite new Contemporary Canadian Art coin features “Canada Through the Eyes of Tim Barnard”—an original work by renowned Canadian artist Tim Barnard.
- A Royal Canadian Mint exciting new Contemporary Canadian Art coin featuring an original work by renowned worldwide Canadian artist Tim Barnard.
- Unique piece of art on a brand new 2 oz. size! This unique piece of art is also available on a 2 oz. silver coin!
- This astonishing circular design includes more than 50 distinct images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. Find something new every time you look at the coin!
- A stirring creation that is sure to be sought after by collectors and art aficionados.
- An elegant gift and a sophisticated addition to any collection featuring Canadian art, Canadian artists, or Canadiana.
The reverse features an original work by renowned Canadian artist Tim Barnard entitled “Canada Through the Eyes of Tim Barnard.” This astonishing circular design includes more than 50 distinct images symbolizing elements of Canada both broadly iconic and personal to the artist himself. At the centre sits a scene from a rugged Yukon riverbank—meaningful to Barnard for time spent there under summer’s midnight sun. From here, the image circles out in a panoply of Canadian illustrations; images from Canadian history and portraits of historical figures; scenes from first nations culture, art, and mythology; Canadian flora and fauna; people bundled up against winter’s chill; and much more. Beautifully rendered by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, this mesmerizing design offers something new for the viewer at each glance. Barnard has also cleverly hidden within the design the initials of each Canadian province and territory. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.