1/2 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin – Birds Among Nature’s Colours: Chickadee (2017)
Flittering from branch to branch, the delightful black-capped chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) is a captivating sight at backyard feeders and in woodlands across much of Canada. Its diminutive size and inquisitive spirit have the uncanny ability to melt one’s heart, as it boldly (but politely) approaches nearly anything it encounters—including people!
The acrobatic chickadee is one of our year-round companions, and its resilience is to be admired since this friendly little songbird braves the same winter conditions we do. When snow and ice have lulled nature into its winter sleep, the chickadee’s energetic activity and distinctive song are a welcome sight and sound; its very presence always adds a cheerful, uplifting element to the landscape in any season!
An ideal gift for a bird lover and a fun addition to your existing coin display! Order today!
- FIRST IN A NEW SERIES! Your coin is the first in a new five-coin series that showcases a beautifully engraved bird in its colourful Canadian habitat.
- UNIQUE FROM PREVIOUS BIRD-THEMED COINS! Gorgeous colour highlights the foreground and background, while the image of the bird allows the pure silver colour to shine through, creating a unique viewing experience as the bird almost appears to be silhouetted against the bright imagery around it.
- ALSO AVAILABLE AS PART OF A 5-COIN SUBSCRIPTION! Subscribe today and receive a FREE collector case with your first coin! Each of your coins fit in a beautiful custom paperboard box that is as colourful as each of your coins in the subscription. Lift the lid to uncover a delightful surprise: it DOUBLES AS A MUSIX BOX—complete with a musical element that re-creates a bird song!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin has no GST/HST and a limited worldwide mintage.
Designed by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas, your coin deftly combines sumptuous colours and intricate engraving that leaves one with an appreciation for nature’s beauty. The selective application of colour recreates the soft pink and white hues of the magnolia (Magnoliaceae) blossoms, which evoke a warm, sunny day in May. One can imagine the musical call of the black-capped chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) filling the air as it sits perched on the branch; engraved in outstanding detail, the diminutive chickadee presents its right-side profile to allow the viewer to study its body shape and narrow tail.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- No. 156230
- Mintage 15,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 15.87
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 10 dollars
- Artist Jean-Charles Daumas (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.