1/2 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin – Celebrating Canada’s 150th Coin Series: Aurora Borealis at McIntyre Creek (2017)
Named after the Yukon River, Canada’s triangle-shaped territory conjures images of the gold-rush era, when fortune seekers panned Yukon’s waterways for gold. Today, it remains a bastion of northern wilderness and wildlife, often isolated by some of the continent’s highest peaks. This coin beautifully recreates a winter scene in the Yukon, which became Canada’s second territory in 1898.
A beautiful addition to your Canadiana coin display! Order today!
- AVAILABLE AS THE NINTH COIN IN A MONTHLY 13-COIN SUBSCRIPTION! If you like this coin, you will most likely enjoy all the other coins in the subscription! Subscribe* today and you’ll get a FREEcollector case (ships with your fourth coin) plus a one-year subscription** to Canadian Geographic magazine! In addition, when you subscribe you are guaranteed the price of just $44.95 for each coin!
- CELEBRATES CANADA’S 150TH ANNIVERSARY! As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, embark on a cross-country collecting experience with a stunning series that showcases Canada’s iconic flora, fauna, landscapes and landmarks!
- BASED ON UNFORGETTABLE PHOTOGRAPHS! This collaborative series between the Royal Canadian Mint and Canadian Geographic magazine features striking designs based on unforgettable photographs from the bi-monthly publication.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
Based on a photograph taken by Canadian wilderness photographer Peter Mather, your coin features vibrant colour over the detailed engraved image of nature’s most colourful light display in Yukon. Heavy snow lines the edges of McIntyre Creek in Whitehorse, Yukon, where the towering conifers are reflected in the still waters below. On this quiet winter night, the beauty of the northern scenery is heightened by the luminous green and pink hues of the aurora borealis overhead, as it dances across the night sky and lights up the landscape below. Your coin also features the engraved word “CANADA” and the dates “1867-2017” to commemorate the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- No. 155068
- Mintage 25,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish matte proof
- Weight (g) 15.87
- Diameter (mm) 34
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 10 dollars
- Artist Peter Mather (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Order your coin today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.