1 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin – Canadiana Kaleidoscope: Maple Leaf – Mintage: 7,500 (2017)
There’s a flurry of maple leaves on your eye-catching coin whirling about in repetitive patterns that can only be created by the kaleidoscope, a toy that has entertained for 200 years. This coin delivers a full-sized view that gives the impression of looking into a real kaleidoscope. Its design measures an impressive 60 mm from rim to rim with no border, and is beautifully enhanced with rich, translucent colour to deliver a breathtaking tribute to Canada’s iconic leaf!
A beautiful gift to remind someone of the joy they felt the first time he or she looked through a kaleidoscope! Order today!
- A MINT FIRST! Our thinnest silver coin ever—1 oz. measuring 60 mm across!
- EXPERIENCE LIKE LOOKING THROUGH A KALEIDOSCOPE! Your coin’s design was inspired by the kaleidoscope, a toy that has entertained people for 200 years by tumbling shapes into beautiful patterns inside a mirrored tube.
- THIRD ISSUE IN NEW SERIES! Your coin is the third and final in an exciting, new, 3-coin series that celebrates Canadian icons (polar bear, common loon, and maple leaf) with unique kaleidoscope designs. Subscription includes an actual kaleidoscope so subscribe today before it’s all gone!
- GORGEOUS SHADES OF TRANSLUCENT COLOUR! Your coin was expertly crafted with a full-sized kaleidoscope design of maple leaves meticulously enhanced with gorgeous shades of translucent colour.
- A TECHNOLOGICAL FEAT IN MINTING! The design of your coin covers the entire coin from edge to edge with no border!
- UNIQUE KALEIDOSCOPE PATTERN ON OTHER SIDE! The obverse side of your coin also features a unique kaleidoscope pattern within the proof field.
- LOW MINTAGE! Only 7,500 coins available worldwide!
- 1-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin has no GST/HST!
Canadian artist Calder Moore created a full-sized kaleidoscope design for your coin’s extra-large surface. Countless maple leaves in myriad sizes come together in a complex pattern of amazing beauty. Fiery leaves lead the eye towards the centre while countless more fill the still-green canopy above. It’s a beautiful portrayal of the maple’s annual spectacle as its leaves turn from green to shades of red, orange, yellow and gold. Rendered with translucent colour, it has the added effect of light streaming through the design.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
- No. 157645
- Mintage 7,500
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 31.85
- Diameter (mm) 60
- Edge plain
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 20 dollars
- Artist Calder Moore (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.