1 oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin – En Plein Air: Maritime Memories – Mintage: 5,500 (2017)
Imagine coming upon a setting so inspiring, it leaves you yearning to preserve the splendour of that particular moment in time, when nature serves as both muse and studio—this is the essence of painting en plein air. From Vancouver Island to the Avalon Peninsula, Canada is home to a wealth of these stunning landscapes; this pure silver coin showcases one such setting on Canada’s eastern shores, where combined colour technologies re-create the look and feel of a serene moment captured on canvas.
A gorgeous coin you will want to show to family and friends! Order today!
- SECOND COIN IN 3-COIN SERIES! Your coin is the second in the En Plein Air series! Other coins include:
- Coin 1: Springtime Gifts (priced at $119.95, announced in May 2017)
- Coin 3: A Paddle Awaits (priced at $119.95, expected ship date July 2017)
- ALSO AVAILABLE AS A SUBSCRIPTION! While supplies last, order your 3-coin subscription to ensure you receive all three coins in the En Plein Air series!
- BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER! As you hold this coin, YOU become the artist—take a moment to re-visit memories or simply admire the artistic beauty of the canvas interpretation on the reverse!
- TEXTURIZED COLOUR! Masterfully combined for a true-to-life viewing experience, your coin uses texturized colour to raise some of the elements (like the easel-mounted canvas) and provide a sense of depth to the design, while canvas effect adds life-like texture to the painting!
- EXTRA THIN TO ALLOW FOR EXTRA LARGE SURFACE! Crafted from 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, your extra-thin coin has an extra-large diameter (60 mm)—perfect for an immersive design that covers the entire design, from edge to edge!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- 1-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin has no GST/HST!
- LOW MINTAGE! Your coin has a limited mintage worldwide of only 5,500!
Designed by Canadian artist Elizabeth Sim, your coin captures the beauty, tranquillity and spirit of a maritime setting in Atlantic Canada. Stretching across the entire reverse, the borderless background image creates an immersive viewing experience by drawing the viewer into the setting; one can almost feel the warmth of sunshine and the smell of sea salt in the air as the eye takes in the weathered buildings and fishing boats. Texturized Colour separates the easel-mounted canvas from its true-to-life surroundings, seamlessly raising it to create a sense of depth within the design. The easel is also positioned to suggest the viewer is the artist and creator of the finished landscape painting, where Canvas Effect technology mimics surface textures such as brushstrokes.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with black beauty box.
Order your coin today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.