2 oz. Pure Silver Coin – Zentangle® Art: The Great Grey Wolf – Mintage: 4,000 (2017)
With its steady gaze and haunting cry, the great grey wolf has long inspired musicians, poets and authors. Its features also lend themselves well to artistic interpretation like this detail-rich coin, which takes its inspiration from the Zentangle® method of art. The different abstract patterns are the product of creative spontaneity where one’s artistic spirit freely guides each pen stroke. Every intricately engraved line, dot and nuance on your coin come together in an elaborate style that is reminiscent of classic storybook illustrations.
Ideal for someone who enjoys a fresh artistic take on a traditional wildlife portrait! Order today!
- A MINT FIRST! One of Canada’s most iconic animal species—re-imagined in a creative new art style that uses the Zentangle® method!
- EACH ABSTRACT PATTERN IS EXQUISITE IN ITS OWN RIGHT! Precision engraving and multiple finishes ensure that each pattern is kept distinct from the other, with shaded elements and thicker lines to provide contrast and depth to the overall arrangement! When combined together, the varying curved and straight lines capture the wolf’s likeness in outstanding detail!
- REMINISCENT OF CLASSIC STORYBOOK ILLUSTRATIONS! The texture of the wolf’s fur lends itself beautifully to a layering of repetitive abstract patterns, which adds a stunning complexity to this fresh artistic take on a traditional wildlife portrait.
- LARGE DIAMETER! Your coin’s large diameter of 50 mm allows even the smallest detail to shine, adding to the intricacy and complexity of the engraved design.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,000 coins worldwide.
- 2 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from two ounces of 99.99% pure silver.
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Canadian artist Jori van der Linde, your coin features a unique side-profile view of a revered icon of the Canadian wilderness: the grey wolf (Canis lupus). Its familiar silhouette, distinctive features and steely gaze provide a framework for a life-like portrait. The texture of the wolf’s fur lends itself beautifully to a layering of repetitive abstract patterns, which adds a stunning complexity to this fresh artistic take on a traditional wildlife portrait. Precision engraving and multiple finishes ensure that each pattern is kept distinct from the other, with shaded elements and thicker lines to provide contrast and depth to the overall arrangement. The reverse also features the engraved face value “30 DOLLARS”, the year “2017” and the word “CANADA”. The obverse recreates one of the patterns seen on the reverse (albeit on a larger scale), and features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
- No. 156320
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.69
- Diameter (mm) 50
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Jori van der Linde (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.