2 oz. Pure Silver Glow-In-The-Dark Coin – Animals in the Moonlight 4-Coin Series: Cougar – Mintage: 4,000 (2017)
Previous similar coins SOLD OUT! Hurry and order yours today before they’re all gone!
A cougar walks along the shoreline of the Pacific Coast. Snow is rare here, but when it does fall, the effect is pure magic—a wondrous scene of enigmatic shadows and radiant light that comes to life with the exceptional colouring techniques on this coin. View the coin in the dark, and parts of the scene begin to glow. The moon and stars shine, and the water and snow glimmer as if touched by moonlight!
A unique keepsake and gorgeous work of art. Order today!
- FIRST COIN IN NEW SERIES! The new Animals in the Moonlight four coin series features four wilderness scenes of a cougar, lynx, orcas, and an owl under the magical glow of moonlight—stunning designs that capture all the mystery of a full moon that has fascinated people for millennia.
- THE MOON, STARS, WATER AND SNOW SHINE WITH GLOW-IN-THE-DARK TECHNOLOGY! Exquisitely engraved with every detail beautifully enhanced with colour, plus an innovative glow-in-the-dark technology that washes the scene with moonlight—the moon, stars, water, and snow shine when viewed in the dark!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 4,000 coins will be made available worldwide. Hurry and order yours today before they are all gone!
- TWO-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin has no GST/HST!
Designed by Canadian artist Jan Poynter, your coin combines quintessential elements of the Pacific Coast to create this fictional scene of a cougar approaching a stream on a snow-covered shoreline. Moonlight defines the cougar’s silhouette, and dances on the water and snow. The majestic cat is looking towards the right, as if it has spotted its quarry in the distance. Behind the cougar, subtle shades of blue and gold paint a silent, snow-covered landscape of islands rising up from the calm waters of an inlet. A mountain range spans the horizon, its peaks visible in the moonlight. The moon also illuminates the clouds, and stars fill the gaps between them.
- The cougar is the largest of three wild cat species found in Canada, distinguishable from the lynx and bobcat by its metre-long tail that can leave scuff marks in the snow.
- The cougar is highly adaptive and can live in many of the diverse habitats across Canada from east to west, north to 60°; from sea level to 4500 m—as long as there is enough food and sufficient cover for stalking and making a den.
- A growing number of cougar sightings from Ontario to the Maritimes suggest the cougar is making a comeback in the East, supported by the recovering populations of white-tailed deer, its preferred prey.
- The elusive cougar can hunt night or day, but its exceptional night vision gives it a key advantage for stalking in the dark. It will get as close as possible before bursting from its cover with lightning speed and then leaping onto its prey, sometimes covering as much as 6 m in a single bound!
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box.
- No. 157537
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.67
- Diameter (mm) 54
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Jan Poynter (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Order your coin today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.