2 oz. Pure Silver Glow-in-the-Dark Coin – Illuminated Coral Reef – Mintage: 4,000 (2016)
This stunning coin takes you deep beneath the waves of Canada’s west coast waters to discover a hidden world of incredible marine species. Yelloweye rockfish, highfin dragonfish and an Atolla jellyfish swim among the coral. And when you shine the black-light flashlight on the design, an entirely new scene appears: mysterious bioluminescent species that glow in shades of blue, green, and pink. A marine lover’s dream!
A perfect gift for someone who loves glow-in-the-dark coins! Don’t be disappointed, order yours today before they’re all gone!
- INCLUDES BLACK-LIGHT FLASHLIGHT! Your coin ships with a FREE Royal Canadian Mint–branded black-light flashlight that brings certain hidden elements on your coin to intensify in glow, making them visible.
- BLACK LIGHT TECHNOLOGY! The artistry of your coin can be appreciated in any light, but viewing it under a black light (included) activates the special technology that adds an intense vibrancy to the coral reef.
- MULTIPLE LAYERS OF GLOW-IN-THE-DARK OVERPRINT! Your 2 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin features an amazing underwater image that becomes backlit when your shine your black-light flashlight (ultraviolet light) on the multiple layers of glow-in-the-dark overprint.
- BEAUTIFUL SPECIES FROM PACIFIC NORTHWEST! The stunning image showcases some of the most beautiful species that live at various depths in the deep ocean waters of the Pacific Northwest.
- LOW MINTAGE: Only 4,000 will be made available worldwide!
- TWO OUNCES OF 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin is GST/HST exempt!
Designed by Canadian illustrator Jesse Koreck, your coin features an underwater scene that includes a number of the marine species found in the waters of Canada’s West Coast. The image presents the underwater scene as viewed from a deep water reef, looking up toward the turquoise waters of the surface. The brightly coloured marine life includes a large Atolla jellyfish, several yelloweye rockfish, and a highfin dragonfish swimming around soft and hard corals with other vertebrate and invertebrate organisms along the sea floor. The beautiful scene takes on an entirely new life when illuminated with a black light. Under a black light, the rocky background fades to darkness and the bioluminescence of many of the species is revealed, glowing in blues, greens, and pinks on your coin.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a graphic beauty box. Your coin also ships with a black light flashlight.
- No. 154236
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.67
- Diameter (mm) 54
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 30 dollars
- Artist Jesse Koreck (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Order your coin today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.