2015 $10 FINE SILVER COIN FIRST NATIONS ART: MOTHER FEEDING BABY
Out of stock
In the traditions of his ancestors, Richard Hunt has crafted a wonderful story about a family of eagles nurturing, loving and growing. But within this narrative lies the call for all parents to cherish their young, just as eagle parents work tirelessly to nurture their young; for therein lies the future of the world. It is also a reminder of nature’s abundance, a bounty that should never be abused nor taken for granted, just as the eagle only takes what it needs to feed its family.
- A stunning reproduction of Mother Feeding Baby, an original work by internationally renowned Kwaguilth artist Richard Hunt which was released in 2007 as a limited series of silk-screened prints.
- Enhanced with colour plus a hologram background for a breathtaking effect.
- The powerful design reflects the rich cultural heritage of the Pacific Northwest—an increasingly popular art form throughout the world and highly collectible.
- An exceptional celebration of First Nations art and heritage.
- A unique gift for proud British Columbians, and anyone with a passion for First Nations art, culture and history; birdwatchers and nature lovers will also adore this coin.
Celebrated Kwaguilth artist Richard Hunt has crafted a powerful and engaging design of a mother eagle feeding a minnow to her nestling when she notices the father arriving overhead with a huge salmon in his talons. To the left of the mother is the nestling, its mouth wide open and eager for food.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.