2018 $100 FINE SILVER COIN KEEPERS OF PARLIAMENT: THE LION
The final chapter in the four-part Keepers of Parliament series circles back to where it began, at the ceremonial entrance to Parliament, where a regal lion has stood guard since 1938. Like its unicorn counterpart, the lion keeper of Centre Block rules this 10 oz. coin, where its very finely engraved likeness is an incomparable tribute to Canada’s parliamentary stone carvers.
- A STATELY GUARDIAN: This is the FOURTH and FINAL coin in a series of four magnificently sculpted coins, with each one highlighting an elaborate stonework figure that watches over the front doors of Parliament.
- 10 OZ. 99.99% FINE SILVER: A 10 oz. coin is perfectly sized to showcase an elaborate work of sculptured art! Each “guardian” is painstakingly brought to life on the reverse, where crisp lines and very finely engraved details stand out against a brilliant proof finish.
- SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING provides an elegant touch befitting the regal creature that rises up on the reverse.
- EXPERT CRAFTSMANSHIP is evident in the details that make this a numismatic masterpiece, and an extraordinary tribute to the original stone-carved art.
- SUBSCRIBE to the series to guarantee a complete set.
The reverse image by artist Patrick Bélanger stands before the ceremonial entrance on Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Ont., where a heraldic lion supporter is carved into the west side of the sandstone-linedentryway. On the reverse, the noble animal is deliberately positioned to convey the towering height (1.8m) of its real-life counterpart, while gold plating highlights the Union Flag and the Shield of the Royal Arms of the United Kingdom. The sculpted figure is paired with an ornamental flourish, whose floral motif is based on a frieze that also adorns the Centre Block’s grand entrance. The reverse includes the face value, “100 DOLLARS”, and the words “CANADA 2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.