2018 SPECIAL WRAP COLLECTION FIRST STRIKES IN 2018
Canada’s classic coin designs have returned to circulation for 2018! The polar bear, loon, caribou, Bluenose and beaver: these iconic images are well represented in the 2018 Special Wrap Collection – First Strikes in 2018, featuring the first 2018-dated coins struck in 2018.
LAUNCH DATE: April 3, 2018
ADVERTISING DATE: March 6, 2018
- FIRST STRIKES IN 2018: Every uncirculated coin in this collection is part of 2018’s first strike of 2018-dated coins!
- FIVE DENOMINATIONS IN ONE SET: This is the only set to feature a special wrap roll for each of the five denominations of our classic circulation coins for 2018: 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, $1 and $2.
- CUSTOM WRAPPING: The custom paper wrap packaging colourfully highlights the iconic image that is synonymous with each denomination.
- ELEGANT PRESENTATION AS A SET: All five rolls are positioned side-by-side in a collector case, where each one is safely nestled in a flocked insert.
- LIMITED NUMBER: Only 5,000 of these special wrap rolls exist worldwide — order your collection today!
ABOUT THE COINS
Designed by Brent Townsend, the reverse of the bi-metallic two-dollar coin features an Arctic icon, the polarbear, standingon an ice floe.
The reverse of the one-dollar coin features Robert-Ralph Carmichael’s depiction of a solitary loon floating in a lake, where a small, tree-lined island is visible in the background.
The 25-cent coin was designed by Emanuel Hahn and features a profile view of a caribou as a symbol of Canada’svast northern wilderness.
Another design by Emanuel Hahn is featured on the reverse of the 10-cent coin, where the Bluenose schooner is a tribute to Canada’s fishing industry and maritime history.
Designed by G. E. Kruger-Gray, the reverse of the five-cent coin features a side-profile view of a cultural icon that played a key role in Canada’shistory: the beaver.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.