2019 $100 FINE SILVER DOUBLE CONCAVE COIN – NATURE’S GRANDEUR: BROWN BEAR
Introducing the first double-concave piedfort coin: an exquisite collectible that is twice the thickness of a typical fine silver coin and features both a concave-shaped reverse and obverse. Ursus arctos is the first of two wildlife species that command attention in this groundbreaking series of coins, whose inward- curved surfaces are a remarkable feat of numismatic engineering.
- FIRST EVER double-concave piedfort coin! Struck on a specially designed blank, each coin features an curved- shaped reverse and obverse.
- First in a two-coin series featuring commanding Canadian wildlife!
- Double the thickness. This piedfort piece is twice as thick and weighs far more (311.5 g) than your average silver coin.
- More than a year in the making. The twin-concave technology is the product of extensive research and development. Several prototypes were tested to achieve the highest amount of relief possible while ensuring a symmetrical curvature — a remarkable feat of engineering.
- Unparalleled beauty. While the inward-curving shape pulls you into the design, the coin’s 60 mm diameter allows for an outstanding amount of finely engraved details.
The concave-shaped reverse provides a unique canvas for this wildlife portrait by Denis Mayer Jr. Seen in three-quarter view, a brown bear (Ursus arctos) splashes its way across a salmon-rich river in Western Canada. Against a mountain backdrop, the bear seemingly pauses mid-step to gaze at the viewer. Various finishes add depth to the inward-curving design, which also includes the word “CANADA”, the year “2019” and the face value of “100 DOLLARS”. The equally concave-shaped obverse features a concentric pattern of maple leaves and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Dimensions||230 x 180 x 20 mm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.