2019 5-OUNCE FINE SILVER COIN BIG COIN SERIES: DOLLAR
The Flying Loon dollar flies once more—this time, as a reverse gold-plated 5 oz. piece. Jean-Luc Grondin’s design for the 1997 proof and specimen dollar is included in this large-sized series, which pays tribute to Canadian circulation coins past and present.
- SIGHT UNSEEN SINCE 1997: The reverse design hasn’t appeared on any other coin since 1997, when it was featured on the 1997 Proof Dollar and the specimen dollar exclusive to the “Oh Canada” and 1997 Specimen sets.
- SILVER AND GOLD, TOGETHER ON ONE COIN! New for 2019: Reverse gold plating adds a warm-toned gleam that creates a beautiful contrast next to the silver shine of the engraved relief.
- A PREMIUM PROOF PIECE: Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s annual Big Coin Series, a highly sought-after series of 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage.
- LOWER MINTAGE: Mintage has been lowered from 1,500 to 1,250 in 2019—the lowest ever for the popular Big Coin Series, which has a history of selling quickly.
- A SUBSCRIPTION GUARANTEES YOUR COMPLETE SET: The series includes a 1-cent coin that is ONLY available with a subscription to the entire series. This guarantees you a complete set of seven coins PLUS a free wooden presentation case to store and display them all side-by-side.
The reverse features a reproduction of the design that graced the proof and specimen dollar coins issued in 1997. To commemorate the 10th anniversary of Canada’s 1-dollar circulation piece, Canadian artist Jean-Luc Grondin offered his own take on the iconic reverse by depicting the loon taking flight. Reverse gold plating fills the field while the coin’s silver surface draws the eye to the engraved relief, which includes the words “CANADA” and “DOLLAR”, and the date “2019”. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
|Dimensions||230 x 180 x 20 mm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.