6 oz. Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin – Antique Carousel – Mintage: 1,000 (2018)
Out of stock
WARNING: This magnet is very powerful. Do not swallow. Attraction of magnets in the body may cause serious injury. Do not handle magnet if you have a pacemaker. This product is not a toy. Keep away from magnetic media storage devices.
Round and round it goes! A fixture of regional fairs, travelling midways and amusement parks, the sights and sounds of a carousel (or merry-go-round) never fail to charm the young and young at heart. Rarer still is an antique carousel, whose lights, musical ambiance and fanciful décor are a beautiful invitation to step out of time and connect with a bygone age. From the “galloping” steeds to the old-time music, Canada’s antique carousels have a rare ability to create a sense of magic and wonder that stays with us forever. Your pure silver coin allows you to re-live that enchantment through the selectively gold-plated reverse that typifies the carousel’s fanciful décor. But atop the art of yesteryear sits an extraordinary interactive feature that sets this coin apart: your very own miniature carousel.
Just like a real carousel, but sized for you to hold and cherish! Order your coin today!
- A WORLD’S FIRST, YOUR VERY OWN COIN WITH ROTATING CAROUSEL! Re-live the magic and wonder of an antique carousel! Your pure silver coin captures the enchantment and timeless appeal of a classic carnival ride.
- MOVES WITH THE HELP OF A MAGNET! Revisit cherished memories or let loose your imagination through the magic of a movable carousel! Affixed your coin’s surface, this miniature is capable of fully rotating with the help of a magnet (included). And as the carousel turns, the gold-plated horses move up and down—just like the real thing!
- WILL NOT SCRATCH! Housed in a wooden display case, your interactive piece has been carefully engineered to ensure the carousel’s rotation will not scratch the surface of the coin—especially within the domed capsule.
- A GILDED BEAUTY! Selective gold plating enhances the engraved scrollwork and the carousel figures on the reverse, the effigy on the obverse, and the rim on both sides.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- VERY LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 1,000 coins worldwide.
- 6 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your coin was meticulously crafted in 6 oz. 99.9% pure silver! In addition, your coin has no GST/HST.
Artist Calder Moore beautifully conveys the century-old ambience of an antique carousel in your coin’s design, where engraved elements typify its fanciful décor. Imagine the sound of old-time carnival music and the illuminating effect of the carousel’s lights that are represented by a row of bulbs that line a scalloped rounding board. Two illustrations of horse riders add a touch of vintage art amid the gold-plated, rococo-style scrollwork, which provides the base for an unusual topper: a miniature carousel. Carefully sculpted in outstanding detail, this silver piece is affixed to the coin’s surface in a way that allows for a rotational movement assisted by a magnet (included). As you turn the magnet to rotate the carousel, the selectively gold-plated horses mimic the up-and-down motion of their real-life counterparts. While the reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA”, the face value “50 DOLLARS” and the year “2018”, the rim is also gold-plated on both sides, where it frames the mirror-like proof finish. The obverse features the gold-plated effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- The outward-facing side of a carousel is known as its “romance side,” and tends to be more elaborately decorated than inward-facing elements.
- It’s easy to spot a British-made carousel: it spins clockwise instead of the counter-clockwise direction of North-American carousels. On your coin, you can rotate the miniature carousel in either direction!
- A carousel’s horses or menagerie figures are classified by their stance: standing, where at least three feet touch the platform; prancing, where the front legs are raised in the air; and jumping, where all four feet are off the ground, as though in mid-gallop.
A magnificent gift or addition to your extraordinary coin collection! Order today!
- No. 166265
- Mintage 1,000
- Composition 99.9% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 188.99
- Diameter (mm) 65
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 50 dollars
- Artist Calder Moore (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.