EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver 50-Cent Coin – Mintage: 4,000 (2017)
From that most Canadian emblem, the maple leaf, to the national arms, the changing appearance of Canada’s 50-cent circulation coin mirrors the evolution of a nation that is now celebrating its 150th anniversary. This exclusive coin offers a unique 100-year retrospective of Canada’s 50-cent circulation coin from 1917, featuring a design beautifully enhanced with selective gold plating.
Previous MC Exclusive gold-plated coins sold out! Hurry and order yours today!
- LOW MINTAGE OF 4,000! A low mintage of 4,000 coins means this 2 oz. pure silver coin will be highly sought after.
- A BEAUTIFUL RETROSPECTIVE! Your meticulously engraved coin revisits the design that graced Canada’s 50-cent coin until 1936!
- SELECTIVE 99.99% GOLD PLATING ON BOTH SIDES! At almost twice the size of the original 1917 issue, your coin is beautifully enhanced by selective gold plating on both sides!
- INCLUDES COMMEMORATIVE DATES! Your coin is engraved with commemorative dates of “1917-2017”.
- FEATURES EFFIGY OF KING GEORGE V! The obverse of your coin features the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. MacKennal.
- GORGEOUS PACKAGING! Your coin is ready to display in its limited-edition wooden case and comes beautifully packaged in an attractive graphic beauty box.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- TWO-OUNCES 99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coin has no GST/HST.
Your coin presents a meticulously engraved recreation of the crossed maple boughs originally designed by L. C. Wyon and later modified by W. H. J. Blakemore, which appeared on Canada’s 50-cent coins before 1937. The boughs of 22 leaves and the Imperial State Crown (the solid gold coronation crown) are all beautifully enhanced by the selective application of gold plating, which adds a sumptuous golden hue that stands out against the mirror background. Complete with its serrated edge, your coin also recreates the engraved face value “50 CENTS” and the word “CANADA”, and features the commemorative dates “1917-2017” to honour the centennial of the 1917 issue. The selective gold plating continues on the obverse, which features the effigy of King George V by Sir E. B. MacKennal.
Beautifully presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded wooden box, lined with black flocking and including a removable insert and special certificate compartment.
- No. 157091
- Mintage 4,000
- Composition 99.99% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 62.69
- Diameter (mm) 50
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 50 cents
- Artist L.C. Wyon (reverse), Sir E. B. MacKennal (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.