Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin – Sculpture of Majestic Canadian Animals: Cougar – Mintage: 1,200 (2017)
The largest and most powerful of Canada’s big cats, the cougar (Puma concolor) is a master of camouflage in the Canadian wilderness. Its remarkably long tail helps it maintain a graceful balance as it steps sure-footed over the terrain, while its vision and hearing are perfectly adapted to the nocturnal hunt. This selectively gold-plated fine silver coin pays homage to a secretive species, through a uniquely shaped embellishment that conveys its formidable stealth and strength.
A must-see, must-have coin that family and friends will want to see again and again! Order today!
- SECOND IN A FIVE-COIN SERIES! Your cougar coin is the second in the Sculpture of Majestic Canadian Animals coin series, which depicts animals in a uniquely multi-dimensional approach. Future coins in the series include: Elk, Bighorn Sheep, and Wolf.
- AN OUTSTANDING ROYAL CANADIAN MINT COIN! Your coin’s large diameter (65 mm) provides the perfect pedestal for the gold-plated silver cougar-shaped embellishment emerging from the coin!
- INNOVATIVE ARTISTRY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP! A testament to the Royal Canadian Mint’s spirit of innovative artistry and craftsmanship, the silver statuette is uniquely shaped to recreate the cougar’s most distinctive features.
- SAFELY PROTECTED! Despite its unusual shape, your coin is safely protected inside a dome-like capsule that protects it from the elements.
- LIMITED MINTAGE! Limited mintage worldwide of just 1,200 coins.
- PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.9% pure silver with gold plating.
Designed by Canadian big game sculptor Karl Lansing, your coin offers a sculptural celebration of an elusive hunter in the wild. Uniquely shaped to resemble a cougar (Puma concolor), this silver, gold-plated embellishment rises up from the coin’s surface for a stunning, multi-dimensional collecting experience. The cougar’s muscular appearance is on full display as it slinks close to the ground, its long tail gently curved behind it. While the paused movement belies the cougar’s ability to pounce with lightning-fast speed, it does allow for a rare view of this secretive species’ features, including finer details such as the texture of its fur.
Your coin is encapsulated and housed in a wooden display case with a black beauty box.
- No. 156462
- Mintage 1,200
- Composition 99.9% pure silver
- Finish proof
- Weight (g) 315.71
- Diameter (mm) 65
- Edge serrated
- Certificate serialized
- Face value 100 dollars
- Artist Karl Lansing (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.